Saturday, December 12, 2009

RAWWWRRR!!



Our latest theme for the Robot blog was 'saturday morning cartoons' so I thought it would be fun to make a Panthro bust. I started with my hulk torso, pushing and pulling so that his proportions weren't so hulkish (although his hands are still SUPER huge). I built all his gear and spikes from basic primitive shapes and by extracting sections from the torso. I didn’t want to redesign him but there were certain things I didn’t like about the original that I wanted to adjust like the spikes on his gear. They were really thin and flimsy looking in the cartoon so I bulked them up and shortened them. The other thing was his nose. In the cartoon they have very human-looking noses but I thought it would be cooler to make his nose more cat-like. I found a thundercats font for the base which was convenient. Hope you guys dig it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I dig it! I freaken Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Much better than original.

    A acction figure good for decoration.

    ReplyDelete